Avelo Airlines is an ultra-low-cost carrier (ULCC) headquartered in Houston, Texas. It was founded in 2020 and began operations in April 2021. Avelo operates a fleet of Boeing 737-800 aircraft and offers scheduled flights to destinations on the east and west coast of the United States.
The airline’s mission is to “Inspire Travel” by providing affordable, convenient, and reliable air service to underserved markets. Avelo’s fares are some of the lowest in the industry, and the airline offers a variety of low-cost add-on services, such as checked bags and seat assignments.
Avelo’s initial focus is on leisure travel, but the airline plans to expand its network to include business and connecting flights in the future. The airline’s CEO, Andrew Levy, has said that Avelo is “not just another low-cost carrier.” He believes that the airline’s focus on customer service and convenience will set it apart from its competitors.
Avelo is the first new scheduled airline to launch in the United States in over a decade. The airline’s success could help to pave the way for other new carriers to enter the market.
Here are some of the key facts about Avelo Airlines:
- Founded in 2020
- Headquartered in Houston, Texas
- Operated by a fleet of Boeing 737-800 aircraft
- Offers scheduled flights to destinations on the east and west coast of the United States
- Mission: “Inspire Travel”
- Focus on leisure travel, but plans to expand to business and connecting flights in the future
- CEO: Andrew Levy
If you’re looking for an affordable, convenient, and reliable way to fly, Avelo Airlines is a great option. The airline offers low fares, a variety of add-on services, and a focus on customer service.
Book Flights with Avelo Airlines
How to book flights with Avelo Airlines?
- Go to the Avelo Airlines website or app.
- Enter your departure and arrival cities, as well as your travel dates.
- Select your desired flight.
- Enter your passenger information.
- Select your seat assignments and any additional services, such as checked bags or priority boarding.
- Review your reservation and make your payment.
Once you have completed these steps, you will have successfully booked your flight with Avelo Airlines.
Here are some additional tips for booking flights with Avelo Airlines:
- Book your flight in advance to get the best price.
- Be flexible with your travel dates. If you can, try to fly on weekdays or during off-peak hours.
- Consider flying into a smaller airport. Avelo Airlines often offers lower fares on flights to smaller airports.
Sign up for Avelo Airlines’ email list to receive special offers and discounts.
Avelo Airlines has a baggage policy that outlines the weight and size limits for checked and carry-on bags. The airline also charges a fee for checked bags.
- Weight limit: 50 pounds (22.7 kilograms)
- Size limit: 62 inches (157.5 centimeters) in total dimensions (length + width + height) including handles and wheels
- Fee: $30 for the first checked bag, $40 for the second checked bag, and $50 for each additional checked bag
- One free personal item not larger than 14 inches (35.6 centimeters) long x 9 inches (22.9 centimeters) wide x 9.5 inches (24.1 centimeters) high that can be safely stowed under a seat
- One free carry-on bag not larger than 22 inches (55.9 centimeters) long x 14 inches (35.6 centimeters) wide x 9 inches (22.9 centimeters) high that can be safely stowed in an overhead bin
Overweight and Oversized Bags
- Avelo Airlines charges a fee for overweight and oversized bags. The fee for an overweight bag is $50 and the fee for an oversized bag is $50.
- Military personnel traveling on active duty or permanent change of station orders are allowed to bring one carry-on bag for free.
- There are a few exceptions to the baggage policy. For example, musical instruments and sports equipment may be checked for an additional fee.
For more information
For more information about Avelo Airlines’ baggage policy, please visit the airline’s website.
Check-in information for Avelo Airlines:
- Online Check-In: You can check in online for your Avelo flight 24 hours before your scheduled departure time. To do this, go to the Avelo Airlines website and enter your confirmation number and last name. You will then be able to print your boarding pass and select your seat.
- Mobile Check-In: You can also check in for your Avelo flight using the Avelo Airlines mobile app. To do this, download the app to your mobile device and enter your confirmation number and last name. You will then be able to print your boarding pass and select your seat.
- Airport Check-In: You can also check in for your Avelo flight at the airport. To do this, go to the Avelo Airlines check-in counter at least two hours before your scheduled departure time. You will need to present your valid government-issued ID and your confirmation number.
Here are some things to keep in mind when checking in for your Avelo flight:
- You will need to have your valid government-issued ID and your confirmation number.
- You can check in for your flight online, using the mobile app, or at the airport.
- You can select your seat when you check in.
- You can add checked bags or other services when you check in.
You should arrive at the airport at least two hours before your scheduled departure time.
Avelo Airlines offers two cabin classes: Economy and First Class.
Economy class is the most affordable cabin class on Avelo Airlines. Seats are arranged in a 3-3 configuration and offer 30 inches of legroom. Economy class passengers have access to complimentary snacks and drinks, as well as a personal entertainment system with movies, TV shows, and music.
First class is the most premium cabin class on Avelo Airlines. Seats are arranged in a 2-2 configuration and offer 38 inches of legroom and a 10.1-inch personal entertainment system. First class passengers also receive complimentary snacks and drinks, as well as a welcome amenity kit.
Here is a table that compares the two cabin classes:
|Complimentary snacks and drinks, personal entertainment system
|Complimentary snacks and drinks, personal entertainment system, welcome amenity kit, more legroom
Avelo Airlines Seat Selection
Avelo Airlines offers a variety of seat options to choose from, including:
- Standard Seats: These seats are located in the main cabin and offer 30 inches of legroom.
- Extra Legroom Seats: These seats are located in the front of the main cabin and offer an additional 2-8 inches of legroom.
- First Class Seats: These seats are located in the front of the aircraft and offer 38 inches of legroom and a 10.1-inch personal entertainment system.
Seat selection is not required, but it is recommended to select a seat in advance, especially if you are traveling during peak times or if you have specific seating preferences. You can select your seat when you book your flight or at any time up until 24 hours before your flight departs.
If you do not select a seat in advance, you will be assigned a seat at check-in. However, there is no guarantee that you will be assigned a seat that meets your preferences.
Here are some things to keep in mind when selecting a seat on Avelo Airlines:
- Window seats: These seats offer a view of the outside, but they can be difficult to get in and out of.
- Aisle seats: These seats offer easy access to the aisle, but they can be noisy.
Middle seats: These seats offer the least amount of legroom, but they can be a good option if you are traveling with a companion.
Avelo Airlines Destinations
As of March 8, 2023, Avelo Airlines flies to the following destinations:
Los Angeles (LAX)
Palm Springs (PSP)
San Diego (SAN)
Santa Barbara (SBA)
San Jose (SJC)
Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
Las Vegas (LAS)
Avelo Airlines Airport List
As of March 8, 2023, Avelo Airlines flies to the following airports:
- Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR)
- Oakland International Airport (OAK)
- Palm Springs International Airport (PSP)
- San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- Santa Barbara Airport (SBA)
- San Jose International Airport (SJC)
You can find some flights for $39 one way from Nashville to Wilmington, Delaware, from Hollywood Burbank to Arcata/Eureka, California, Medford/Rogue Valley, Oregon or Eugene, Oregon
Disclaimer: Aveloair-lines.com acts as an agent of travel, tours, or an operator. We act as a bridge between passengers and airlines or travel service suppliers. We’ve never claimed that we is an airline neither are we affiliated with or connected to an airline. We function as mediators providing airlines and customers with the assistance they need. We’ve developed a unique promotional strategy. Additionally, our site doesn’t have any connection to any airline or company.